Yesterday, I started the final formatting of my first manuscript - I Am a Muse - for publication on Lulu. It is taking ages! But I just HAVE to get this right. The manuscript is looking more like a proper book now, with header and drop caps and all that...
I guess an early May publication might have been slightly too optimistic, as I need to sort out the cover, artwork inserts - I will be adding black and white illustrations by Sabine T - and additional (front) pages.
Then we need to create the PDFs to upload, sort out the cover and get Matt ArtPix to work on it for me.
Oh, and I am going to Dorset for a week (away from the desk and the computer).
So we might be looking at a June publication now, as I would like to request a proof copy first to check that everything is fine... It has really made me think about creating my own imprint, but it will not happen for I Am a Muse. I guess I can always re-publish it if and when I have a proper imprint...
I have been writing too this week, I've added about 4,000 words to The Book of Thoth!
I really feel like I am doing proper "writer" work these days.
I think therefore I write.
All Art Books Cinema Culture Events Idea Ideas Inspiration Inspirations Literature Music People Places Promo Publishing Reading Reviews Self Publishing Self Publishing Self-publishing Society Theatre Thoughts Working Work In Progress Work In Progress Writing Writings