See that revolting man above? He is said to be a "Don Juan" and irresistible to women.
I'm not a woman then. He just looks like a grotesque boar with a wig and an expensive suit.
He is getting away with it because he's part of a powerful international network and because he's filthy rich.
Now, that's justice, isn't it?
Now, how long before he makes a come back in French politics?
*UPDATE 1: My dad has just told me that if DSK comes back, he will stop voting, for the first time in his life! Go, Dad!
*UPDATE 2: According to Le Monde newspaper, 53% of French people would be against DSK's return to politics, which leaves 47% in favour... Not too good, but then, it goes all weird for the left:
61% of people who vote on the right are against his return, then ONLY 43% of people who vote for the PS (Socialist party) and 47% to people who vote for the left-wing parties all together... What does it say about left-wing people in France? They should be bloody ashamed of themselves.
Si le taux est sensiblement le même chez les hommes que chez les femmes, les
écarts sont par contre notables selon les convictions politiques : le chiffre
grimpe ainsi à 61 % chez les sympathisants de droite mais tombe à 43 % chez les
sympathisants PS et à 47 % chez ceux de gauche
The French have been finding so many excuses (a lot of them peppered with bordering-on-hysteria anti-Americanism) for his behaviour that it has made for frankly unpleasant, unbelievable reading. Hopefully, this episode has shown the world that France is not a sexy country but a nation stuck in a rut, economically, politically and, most importantly, socially. I had to get out 15 years ago because of that.
Unfortunately, France has a track record of reinstating politicians who have behaved in a way that would never be accepted here, eg Alain Juppe who is now a minister in the current French governement, after having been found guilty of various fraud and corruption charges; he actually fled to Canada for a while and taught in a high ranking university (!).
And he is not the only one, far from it.
Comments are closed.
I think therefore I write.
All Art Books Cinema Culture Events Idea Ideas Inspiration Inspirations Literature Music People Places Promo Publishing Reading Reviews Self Publishing Self Publishing Self-publishing Society Theatre Thoughts Working Work In Progress Work In Progress Writing Writings